Today heralds the announcement from An Bord Altranais; the Nursing Board of Ireland that it has changed its name to Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann, or Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
An Bord Altranais is the regulatory body for the nursing profession. Its main functions are
- to establish and maintain a register of nurses;
- to provide for the education and training of nurses and student nurses;
- to inquire into the conduct of a registered nurse on the grounds of alleged professional misconduct or alleged unfitness to engage in such practice by reason of physical or mental disability;
- to give guidance to the profession;
- to manage the Nursing Careers Centre, which was set up in 1998 to facilitate a centralised system of processing and selection of applicants wishing to enter nursing; promote and market nursing as a career; provide careers information to registered nurses and midwives.
A statement released today from ABA says that their website has now been configured to correspond with their name change. The new address is www.nmbi.ie
Users will still be able to access their website through www.aba.ie or through www.nursingboard.ie All email addresses to the board have also changed from @nursingboard.ie to @nmbi.ie.
For more information about the new change and about Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland please visit NMBI.ie
<< Previous Post Is your Clinical Placement nearly over?
Next Post >> Nursing Is A Work of Heart