Staff Nurses – Operating Theatres, Oncology, Cath Lab & Endoscopy
- To work as a member of a team of nurses providing high quality, patient-centred care for patients and their families.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and to work closely with nursing colleagues developing innovative practice within the unit delivering evidence-based care.
- To develop specialist knowledge of nursing practice relating to his or her clinical area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible standard of care to all patients.
- Act as preceptor to preregistration students, mentor new clinical staff and new nonclinical staff. Support and guide all colleagues when needed.
- Liaise with link lecturers from affiliated nurse education departments with particular regard to developing and maintaining the Hospital as a recognised learning environment for student nurses.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and interpersonal relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure a good team spirit and collaborative working practices.
- Support the theatre manager by meeting agreed responsibilities as set out by the theatre manager or the chief nursing officer at any time.
- Identify and discuss nursing and patient needs with consultants and nursing team, multidisciplinary team, patients, and carers.
- Ensure that the highest possible standards of patient care and patient safety are maintained at all times.
- Have an understanding of the principles and workings of pre-assessment.
- Maintain high standards of communication, both written and verbal, at all times. Have a working knowledge of all NMBI publications to include the Scope of Practice Framework and Code of Professional Misconduct.
- Maintain own professional registration and submit to HR department for verification yearly.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the following and always practice within the guidelines and policies written at both unit and hospital level.
- Work closely with the Quality and Patient Safety team, ensuring the department is meeting accreditation standards at all times.
- Registered General Nurse with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- A minimum of 24 months acute hospital experience
Do not miss out on this exciting opportunity and apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call the KCR team in confidence on +353 1 6715557
REF No: JO-1803-404943_16
Share this Job