KCR in partnership with University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust currently have opportunities for nurses to join one of the largest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the Leicester General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals.
INTERVIEWS TAKING PLACE on the 14th of December 2022
- The University Hospitals of Leicester are located in the heart of the UK, within the East Midlands. The East Midlands have a diverse landscape, diverse culture and a huge variety of things to see and do. Its strong transport infrastructure combines excellent road, rail, and air links to enable easy access to the rest of the UK and beyond. Leicester is located one hour via public transport from both London & Birmingham.
- The University Hospitals of Leicester serve a population of more than 1,000,000 people in the areas of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and employ more than 10,000 staff.
- Nationally and internationally-renowned specialist treatment and services in cardio-respiratory diseases, cancer and renal disorders across the three hospitals at Leicester General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary.
- The Hospitals work in partnership with the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
The Trust’s purpose is to provide ‘Caring at its best’ by living a set of values created by their staff that embody who they are and what they are there to do.
These values are:
- They focus on what matters most.
- They treat others how they would like to be treated.
- They are passionate and creative in their work.
- They do what they say they are going to do.
- They are one team and they are best when they work together.
You will be provided with countless development and educational opportunities which will allow you to grow & progress within the speciality you are placed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient care.
- Ensure that all patients receive the care identified in their care plans.
- Observes on the conditions of patients and maintains patients’ records accurately.
- Ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Adheres to regulations regarding the custody and administration of medicines.
- Maintains good communication with patients’ family/friends regarding the patients’ needs and welfare.
- Organises the reception, discharge and aftercare of patients in accordance with hospital policy.
- Leicester is a city in England’s East Midlands region. The East Midlands is perfectly located at the heart of the UK, with a diversity of landscape, culture and things to see and do.
- Leicester Cathedral has stood at the city’s heart for over 900 years. The ruins of Leicester Castle, where Richard III spent some of his last days, lie in Castle Gardens, near the River Soar.
- Leicester’s central shopping region is home to Europe’s largest covered market, and the new Highcross shopping centre provides a wealth of different local and national stores and restaurants.
- The Diwali celebrations in Leicester are the largest outside India. Music lovers will be familiar with Leicester’s Summer Sundae, the ‘grandson of Glastonbury’ and Download Festival at Donnington Park.
- Leicester hosts Europe’s largest comedy festival which takes place in February each year.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- Full time permanent positions, 37.5 hour working week.
- Two months free accommodation for internationally trained nurses relocating from outside of Europe*
- Flight to the UK reimbursed – up to £720
- Career progression/professional development opportunities.
- Band 5 Salary from £27,055- £31,534 (once you are possession of an NMC PIN number) with yearly salary increments.
- VISA fee refunded (if applicable)
- IELTs exam fee reimbursed – £200 or OET exam fee reimbursed -£350*
- CBT fee refunded*
- Two attempts of OSCE fee paid for by the Trust*
- OSCE training provided by the hospital – 94% PASS RATE
- Full support from KCR throughout the entire process.
- Additional pay for shift deferential and overtime.
- Assistance with NMC registration and support provided with relocation to the UK (if required).
- Meet & Greet at the airport*
- Only one hour via public transport to both London & Birmingham.
- Paid annual leave: 27 days per annum plus 8 public holidays.
*Terms & Conditions Apply
- Must hold a Degree in Nursing.
- Must have scored a minimum of a band 7 in each sub-test of IELTS (WITH ONLY A 6.5 IN WRITING) or a minimum of a grade B in each sub-test of OET (applicable to EU & International applicants applying from a country where English isn’t the first language).
- The successful candidate will already have commenced their application to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or else be in possession of an NMC Pin Number.
- You take pride in the quality of care you provide, you put your patients at the heart of what you do & recognise different needs.
- You portray a spirit of support, respect and teamwork. You are committed to always going the extra mile for your patients & your colleagues and follow through on all of your commitments.
INTERVIEWS TAKING PLACE- December 14th 2022
Full recruitment support from a dedicated KCR team member provided.
Please e-mail your CV, IELTS/OET Results, CBT Results & NMC Decision Letter (if you are already in possession of this) to Melissa.Coady@kcr.ie or call Melissa Coady on +353 1 671 5557.
REF No: JO-1705-353367_185
Share this Job