- Full Time
Radiographer (Staff Grade)
The Saolta University Health Care Group provides acute and specialist hospital services to the West and Northwest of Ireland – counties Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim, Donegal and adjoining counties. The Group’s Academic Partner is NUI Galway.
University Hospital Galway is currently looking to recruit a staff grade Radiographer
The principle duties of the role are as follows; –
The Radiographer (Staff Grade) will:
- Carry out his/her duties under the day to day supervision of the Radiography Services Manager 2 or his/her designate from time to time.
- To part take on an 8am-8 pm daily rostering system as required including an on call service, pending on the Hospitals’ requirements.
- Undertake all general radiography in a professional manner thereby upholding the reputation of the department and the hospital
- Adhere to professional guidelines as determined by the Irish Institute of Radiographers and Radiation Therapists.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of an integrated patient-centred service
- Adhere to all departmental imaging protocols: be responsible for the correct identification of patient images.
- Implement agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations and standards relevant to the use of ionising radiation
- Ensure that appropriate radiation protection is used and that the radiation dose is kept to a minimum consistent with the ALARA principle
- Take part in routine inspection of equipment and quality assurance procedures
- Be responsible for the safe use of all imaging equipment and adhering to instructions on its use
- Be responsible for the logging of and reporting of all equipment faults to Radiography Service Manager or his/her designate
- Attend at such other health institutions administered by the HSE as may be designated from time to time
- Be flexible in response to service needs
- Assist and take part in audit and quality assurance programmes
- Maximise the use of new technology including the Radiology Information System and PACS
- Ensure the correct completion of records and reports
- Respect and maintain the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of the service user and in relation to all hospital activities as per statutory requirements
- Relate to and communicate with all other staff in a courteous and helpful manner at all times
- Be accountable – take responsibility for his/her actions, seek advice/a second opinion as required.
Candidates for appointment must:
· Be registered, or be eligible for registration, on the Radiography Division of the Radiographers Register maintained by the Radiographers Registration Board at CORU. (https://www.coru.ie/) (assistance with registration provided to overseas candidates)
· IELTS/OET English Language Test
Salary & Benefits:
· Salary range (€39,783 – €57,735) Dependent on experience
· Full Time, Permanent
· Attractive Relocation Package
Apply today by sending your CV, IELTS/OET results to email@example.com
REF No: JO-2302-511214
Share this Job