KCR in partnership with Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust currently have opportunities for Paediatric Staff Nurses to join the team.
Interviews will be held in January 2021 via Skype.
Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust provides general acute services for a population of 380,000 and hyper-acute stroke, vascular and renal services to people living throughout whole of Northamptonshire, a population of 692,000. The Trust is also an accredited cancer centre and provides cancer services to a wider population of 880,000 who live in Northamptonshire and parts of Buckinghamshire.
- In addition to the main hospital site, which is located close to Northampton town centre, the Trust also provides outpatient and day surgery services at Danetre Hospital in Daventry.
- The principal activity of the Trust is the provision of free healthcare to eligible patients. We are a hospital that provides the full range of outpatients, diagnostics, inpatient and day case elective and emergency care and also a growing range of specialist treatments that distinguishes our services from many district general hospitals. We also provide a very small amount of healthcare to private patients.
‘Providing the Best Possible Care’ is the vision of the Trust. A set of core values form a guiding star for its people, resulting in a staff that truly embody this mission.
These values are:
- We respect and support each other.
- We reflect, we learn, we improve.
- We aspire to excellence.
- We put patient safety above all else.
You will be provided with countless development and educational opportunities which will allow you to grow & progress within the speciality you are placed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient care.
- Ensure that all patients receive the care identified in their care plans.
- Observes on the conditions of patients and maintains patients’ records accurately.
- Ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Adheres to regulations regarding the custody and administration of medicines.
- Maintains good communication with patients’ family/friends regarding the patients’ needs and welfare.
- Organises the reception, discharge and aftercare of patients in accordance with hospital policy.
- Northamptonis a large market town and the country town of Northamptonshire in the East Midlands of England. It lies on the River Nene, 60 miles (97 km) north-west of London and 45 miles south-east of One of the largest towns in England, it had a population of 212,100 at the 2011 census.
- Living in Northamptonshire really does mean that you get to have the best of both worlds. The town and county has an award-winning theatre and arts scene – the largest concentration of historic houses and heritage sites in England – some of the UK’s most exciting sports venues – a thriving local food and drink culture – beautiful countryside that’s great for walkers and cyclists – and fantastic accessibility to London, Birmingham and Leicester: Northamptonshire has so much to offer.
- And not only is it a superb location – the Northamptonshire housing market offers a great variety of homes where your money goes a long way! From contemporary urban conversions of Northampton’s famous shoe-making factories to idyllic countryside cottages, your ideal home is waiting for you here.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- Full time permanent positions, 37.5 hour working week.
- Flight reimbursement of up to £500
- First months’ rent free in “hospital accommodation” and £500 towards private accommodation.
- Career progression/professional development opportunities.
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programme for employees.
- Salary beginning on the top spinal point of Band 4 with progression to Band 5 (£24,157- £24,907) once you are possession of an NMC PIN number with yearly salary increments.
- NMC Initial Registration Fee refunded – £140
- VISA fee refunded (if applicable)
- UK healthcare surcharge of £1,200 refunded (if applicable)
- CBT fee refunded*
- OSCE fee paid for by the Trust*
- OSCE training provided by the hospital. OSCE Centre in Northampton.
- Full support from KCR throughout the entire process.
- Pastoral Care team and PD team support.
- Additional pay for shift deferential and overtime.
- Assistance with NMC registration and support provided with relocation to the UK (if required).
- Meet & Greet at the airport*
- London, Birmingham & Leicester easily accessible by public transport.
- Paid annual leave: 27 days per annum plus 8 public holidays.
*Terms & Conditions Apply
- Nurses who hold a Degree / Diploma in Nursing.
- Masters Degree in Paediatrics preferable
- Must have scored a minimum of a band 7 in each sub-test of IELTS (SCORE OF 6.5 ACCEPTABLE IN ‘WRITING’ BAND ONLY) or a minimum of a grade B in each sub-test of OET (applicable to EU & International Nurses).
- The successful candidate will already have commenced their application to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or else be in possession of an NMC Pin Number.
- You take pride in the quality of care you provide, you put your patients at the heart of what you do & recognise different needs.
- You portray a spirit of support, respect and teamwork. You are committed to always going the extra mile for your patients & your colleagues and follow through on all of your commitments.
Skype Interviews are being held Thursday, 19th of December 2019. Full recruitment support from a dedicated KCR team member provided.
Please e-mail your CV, IELTS/OET Results & NMC Decision Letter (if you are already in possession of this) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lisa Gardiner on +353 1 671 5557.
REF No: JO-1605-332827_232
Share this Job