Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment (KCR) have an exciting opportunity for experienced Theatre/Scrub Nurse to join our experienced and dynamic team with a globally recognized hospital, in a Band 7 position within the Hepatobiliary & Liver Transplant team.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust combines globally recognised clinical expertise with local and friendly hospital care to represent the best in NHS treatment. They strive at all times to provide excellent outcomes in clinic treatments, clinical research as well as an excellent working environment for hospital staff.
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust – Location:
- Hampstead is a district of north central London. The key sights are a wealth of under-stated historical attractions, and the magnificent open spaces of Hampstead Heath. Combine a Regency home, museums with some of the most interesting historical pubs in the whole city, and a vibrant restaurant and cafe scene, and Hampstead really does have much to offer the visitor.
Team leader for the Hepatobiliary & Liver Transplant team
The Trust are looking for a Band 7 ODP or Operating Theatre Nurse who can help lead and develop this team at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and they should be able to work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team. Good organisational skills, flexibility and sound clinical skills for major complex surgery are essential. Mentorship is essential. You will be required to demonstrate effective and sustainable leadership and management skills with a strong patient safety focus.
This Band 7 role is vital to the continued development and support of staff within the specialty, leading to improved patient and staff experience. You will be supported in this role by the Theatre Matron and Operations Managers.
The Operating Theatres at The Royal Free Hampstead site is a really exciting and interesting place to work currently. It has hugely developing services like organ transplantation both liver and kidney, vascular and plastic Hub for tertiary sites and other specialties. It is also an organization that is committed to delivering excellence in patient care and values its staff and patients. In order to maintain these standards we are looking to appoint passionate, enthusiastic and motivated nurses who have some theatre experience and want to develop their skills further.
Their facilities, combined with the latest in technology and onsite support services, enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of complex surgery. The Royal Free has 21 operating theatres performing emergency and elective procedures for both adults and children. Specialties include Hepatobiliary, Vascular, Plastics, Orthopaedics , Breast, ENT, Renal / Urology, Ophthalmic, Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Colorectal. The site is also the Vascular Hub for North Central London, a Regional Hand Trauma Center and a Transplant Center for Liver and Renal Transplantation.
The Trust have a good senior team in place with fellow band 7s, a Matron, an Assistant clinical operations manager and Senior clinical operations manager who can offer support. They also have practice educators and mentors to help support and develop staff.
- Salary for Band 7 £45,084 – £52,526 including 20% Higher Cost Living Allowance
- Assistance with sourcing on-site accommodation
- NHS pension and a range of great staff benefits
- Full-time permanent positions
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Great support network within department
- Walking distance to the London underground, so really easily accessible to all.
- Great transport links to London Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton airports.
- You will be supported in this role by the Theatre Matron and Operations Managers.
*Terms & conditions apply
- Previous NHS experience at a Band 7 level is desirable for this post as this is a complex department.
- Theatre/Scrub experience is essential, along with experience in liver/transplant being highly desirable.
- Demonstration of the Trust’s World Class Care values in managing people is also necessary.
Interviews being held on Tuesday, 22nd & Wednesday, 23rd October 2019
Full recruitment support from a dedicated KCR team member provided.
Please e-mail your CV & NMC Pin Details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Heather Peevers on +353 1 671 5557.
REF No: JO-1605-332827_123
Share this Job